Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Convergence 2010

I'm just back from my first Convergence, the biannual Handweaver's Guild of America conference where I taught different four workshops over the four conference days with 75 participants going through my door.....Whew!!....

Unaware that there would be a leader show, 
I also entered a piece in the exhibit, Eye Dazzlers,  
but can't complain as juror, Wendy Weiss gave it 
the HGA Award  awarded
'in recognition of a work demonstrating 
outstanding creativity and craftsmanship 
in the Fiber Arts.'  

 Fated Glory
2008





Then, I admit, I did stay on 
a few extra days 
and go up to Santa Fe 
just for fun.

2 comments:

mhbergner said...

Is this the piece you entered? It's my favorite of yours! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

of course you got a prize for that..

it's amazing!

You must be exhausted, but feeling proud.